(All you sinners out there know what that means.)
I’ve been terrible about responding in a timely manner to people who’ve tagged me, so today I begin to make amends.
But first, I want to alert you all to a fabulous 1,000-follower contest over at Angela Ackerman’s blog, The Bookshelf Muse. If you haven’t seen Angela’s wonderful thesauruses, get thee hence! While you’re there, sign up for a chance to win critiques or a three-month mentorship. Good luck!
The most marvelous VR Barkowski tagged me with "5 Questions". My answers:
Question 1 - Where were you five years ago?
1. Teaching second grade.
2. Hiking in Maui (spring).
3. Wondering what possessed me to buy an accordion (summer).
4. Recovering from a car accident caused by a woman talking on her cell phone (fall).
5. Contemplating early retirement so I could focus on writing.
Question 2 - Where would you like to be in five years?
1. Living closer to my hometown, San Francisco.
2. Agented and successfully published.
3. Improving with each book I write.
4. A better musician.
5. Swimming with the manatees.
Question 3 - What's on your to-do list today?
1. Revising my MG fantasy.
3. Exercise (balance ball and yoga, most likely).
4. Reading more of Catching Fire.
5. Refilling the bird feeder and birdbath.
Question 4 - What snacks do you enjoy?
2. Dark chocolate.
3. Organic apples with white cheddar cheese and Ak Mak crackers.
5. Peanut butter on saltines.
Question 5 - What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
1. Buy a huge parcel of land, build a good-sized main house and lots of cottages, then invite writers for all-expenses-paid retreats (transportation, bed, board, and stipend included).
2. Hire personal trainers and masseuses for myself and my friends.
3. Employ a driver to shuttle me everywhere.
4. Travel first class or bypass the airlines altogether with my own jet.
5. Start a college scholarship for deserving students.
Now it’s time to pass the tag along on to five bloggers I think you might enjoy:
1. Catherine A. Winn
2. Rahma Krambo
3. Icy Sedgwick
4. Rachna Chhabria
5. Gretchen McNeil
And thanks again to VR, whose blog is always worth a visit.